Help for individuals and families in EAST LINDSEY
Grants may be made to relieve hardship caused directly or indirectly by the flooding that occurred over 19-20 October 2023.
Who can apply?
- Individuals or families whose properties and contents have been damaged by flooding
- Individuals or families who are suffering other hardship as a result of the flooding
- You must be a resident of East Lindsey to be eligible for this funding
We can provide support for the following (this is not an exhaustive list):
- cleaning up
- emergency repairs
- replacement clothing
- food and drink
- heating and heating equipment
- basic furniture and white goods
- uninsured costs
- alternative accommodation/living costs
Wherever possible grants are made to help applicants replace essential items that have been lost. The fund does not aim to replace like with like and cannot be a substitute for insurance.
We will not normally fund:
- gardens, sheds, outbuildings, fences and garden furniture/equipment
- businesses (but we can support business owners and employees who are facing hardship)
Who can apply?
Anyone affected can apply although priority will be given to:
- Individuals and families suffering financial or other hardship
- Low income households,
- people over 70,
- families with young children,
- people with physical or learning disabilities, mental health needs or medical conditions.
How much can you apply for?
Hardship grants normally up to £200 subject to funding availability. However, in exceptional circumstances, higher grant awards may be considered based on need.
The Fund will be available from 1 November 2023 until 30 November 2023 subject to availability.
We will require a copy of a document with your name and address to support your application. We may also ask you for the name of a referee who is known to you and can vouch for your circumstances.
These grants are funded by donations from East Lindsey District Council, Horncastle Lions and Horncastle & District Health and Wellbeing Fund.
If you would like assistance to completing an application please contact Claire on 01529 305825.